I. Background Information
Liberty and Access for All (L+A ) is a nonprofit organization based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a nonpartisan nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering communities of color and traditionally underrepresented communities by fostering meaningful civic engagement and participation, supporting the creation of a truly representative media and democracy and providing critical resources to nurture the next generation of leaders. We accomplish these goals at LIBERTY by providing trainings, mentorships, valuable work experience and low-cost or free educational resources to program participants. LIBERTY creates partnerships to allow program participants to draw from the diverse range of experiences of leaders in all branches of federal, state and local government, political parties and organizations, the media, and nonprofit and advocacy organizations.
Since its launch in 2014, L+A has served 400 students, providing 10 workshops. In its third year and 3rd phase of its launch, L+A hopes to expand programs and solicits the services of a consultant to raise $50,00.0 by 10/30/2015. And $150.00 by March 1
II. Scope of Work:
Liberty and Access for All seeks a consultant to support its efforts in expanding its funding sources to secure $50,000 by 10/30/2015, and $150,00 by March 1st through the creation and implementation of a fundraising and communications plan.
The consultant will:
• Outline strategies towards, including specific timelines;
• Develop plan and timetable for each strategy, with income benchmarks;
• Identify targeted audiences for reaching the goals through his/her deep knowledge of the local corporate, foundation, and individual donor landscape;
• Implement the plan, including solicitation and/or assignment of solicitation responsibilities to staff, members of the Board of Directors, and other volunteers when appropriate.
III. Submission Requirements
All respondents to this RFP must submit:
• An overview of your company’s (1) background and areas of expertise; (2) experience working with organization with a similar mission; (3) the qualifications of key staff responsible for the implementation of the activities outlined in this RFP; and (4) the successful implementation of a similar project;
• Names, contact information, and a description of the scope of work, including results, for a minimum of three former clients;
• Fee expectations, including marketing needs and budget for each strategy; and
• A letter of good standing.
Please send all materials to Maram Abdelhamid, Founder and President, at email@example.com . Incomplete applications will not be considered.
IV. Evaluation Criteria
Pricing: 50 points
Experience and qualifications of key staff: 25 points
Recommendations from former clients: 25 points
This is a 6 month contract to begin 09/01/15 and terminate March/10/15
ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5PM on 08/15/2015.